Serious Injuries & Wrongful Death
We have helped many families through extremely trying times. Our first concern is you and your peace of mind. When a serious injury or wrongful death happens to a loved one, you need a law firm experienced in handling sensitive and difficult cases.
Wrongful death laws, which exist in all 50 states and vary from state to state, generally provide the ability for a decedent’s beneficiaries to file a lawsuit for a death that was caused by a wrongful act or negligence of another. For example, deaths caused by drunk driving, the manufacture of defective or dangerous products, or failing to diagnose a fatal disease are all things that may trigger wrongful death claims.
The type of damages recoverable in wrongful death lawsuits will vary depending on the jurisdiction. Below are some examples of damages that may be recoverable:
- Loss of anticipated future earnings the deceased would have provided
- Lost benefits from death, e.g. pension or retirement benefits
- Loss of inheritance from an untimely death
- Loss of companionship, care or protection
- Punitive damages, intended to punish wrongdoers and prevent them from harming others
- Funeral expenses
If a loved one has died as a result of a wrongful act or negligence of another, you may be eligible to receive compensation under the law. For a FREE consultation, call us at 336-725-1000 or toll free at 1-877-514-0995. You may also contact us online for a FREE consultation.